Footsteps Trauma Program
The Footsteps Trauma Program (FTP) offers assessment and treatment to children who have experienced interpersonal traumas, including but not limited to witnessing domestic violence, physical and sexual abuse, separation from a caregiver, and community violence.
- Child-parent psychotherapy
- Perinatal child-parent psychotherapy
- Co-parenting child-parent psychotherapy
- Trauma-focused screening and assessment
- Crisis intervention
- Case management and concrete assistance with problems of living
The initial assessment involves meetings with the primary caregiver and then the child. The assessment offers the primary caregiver an opportunity to share the following types of information:
- potentially traumatic and stressful events the child has experienced
- the child's symptoms
- ways the event may have affected the child's relationship with family members
- the experience and symptoms of caregivers who are important to the child
Information gathered during the assessment helps us to develop a treatment plan tailored to the needs of each family.